Clover® POS station is widely used in the US. You might also have one and also encountered some problems with it. Here are some Clover Station Troubleshooting tips that might help.
Clover Station Troubleshooting Tips
What To Do If Your Station Cannot Turn On
Your Clover® POS station may not power up and start working. So out of all the Clover Station Troubleshooting tips, this is the easiest one. Follow the steps
Checking Your Station
- Plug the L-shaped end of your display cable into the display monitor.
- Plug the other cable end into the printer.
- Connect the power cable to the power brick.
- Secure the power cable with your receipt printer.
- After everything is in the power brick, plug the link attached to the brick to a power outlet.
- You can also plug the RJ-11 cable with your cash drawer into the printer, but that is optional.
It should take about twenty seconds for the computer to reboot. You should see the Clover logo after it finishes.
What If the Station Still Isn’t Powering?
You might need to charge up the power source if the Clover Station doesn’t power. Charge it for at least thirty minutes.
Completing a Hard Reboot
You will require a hard reboot of your system if it still doesn’t power up after thirty minutes. You can complete this with these steps:
- Remove the display cord from the bottom end of your station.
- Wait for ten seconds before you continue.
- Plug the cord back into the bottom part.
- The device will start to boot up. You can log in after the rebooting process is complete.
You can contact customer service if the problem persists.
The USB Pay Display or Clover Mini Isn’t Working?
Checking the Plugs
The customer display feature or Clover Mini may not be plugged into your overall station.
- Check the USB cord to ensure it is functional. There should be a Type A USB connection on one end and a Type B USB port on the other part.
- Plug the Type A side into a USB port under your station printer. There should be four of these ports.
- Plug the Type B segment into the second port from the left on the Clover Mini station that faces your customer.
Hope this Clover Station troubleshooting technique worked for you.
Install the USB Pay Display App
The two parts of the system for the seller and the customer may not work due to both of these parts not working with the USB Pay Display App. You may not have everything working at the same time, including possibly using the wrong version of a program. The system should automatically prompt you to install the app after you install things.
Follow these steps if the system does not automatically ask you to download the app:
- Go to the More Tools section of the interface to access the App Market.
- Tap on the USB Pay Display app option.
- Select to install the app.
- Click the accept button to start the installation. The program should start working in moments.
- Open the app on both parts of your system.
- Check the USB cables if it spots an error. You may see a concern with the cables if there are any problems.
Clover Mini Is In Merchant-Facing Mode
The Clover Mini compartment should display “Welcome to (name of the business).” It will display a “Not Ready” message if the Mini is in the wrong mode, or it displays what the merchant should see. The message would ask you to open the USB Pay Display setup to allow transactions to start working.
You can reset your Clover Mini to the proper mode with these steps:
- Open the USB Pay Display program.
- Touch the screen once more to start the transaction.
Attempting to Start Transactions With the USB Pay Display App
The seller’s part of your Clover Station should say “Ready” when it is prepared to start transactions. You cannot start transactions by touching to open the USB Pay Display feature on the Clover Mini feature. Opening the app puts the Mini in the wrong mode where it displays what the merchant should see.
You can start a transaction by opening the Transaction app on the seller’s part of the setup. You can start taking in transactions from your customers at this point.
Error Message Appears on the Seller’s Station
The error you find may be from a customer’s card or from your merchant account settings. The network might have also timed out.
Any errors on the Mini may also display on the device the seller reviews. The time-out message may appear if the customer took too long. That message will display on both sides of the setup. Our Clover Station troubleshooting experts will advice you to contact the support team of the company if you are not able to understand the messages.
When You Cannot Find an App on a Device
You will require the necessary apps on your devices for the Clover Station to work.
Search In the App Market
You can search for an app on the App Market with these steps:
- Launch the More Tools app.
- Search through the app categories, or use the magnifying glass search feature.
You can find whatever app you’re interested in through the system. You can select the View All section from any category, or you can use the Sort By option to find apps based on what people install the most or whatever is new.
The Device Stops Working
A device may stop functioning due to many issues, like shaking or dropping, or someone tampering with the unit. The encryption setup and other security features will still be working to protect cardholder data. But PIN-entry transactions and other sensitive payment options will be disabled from working.
Your device can still work for everything else, including taking customer orders and producing reports. You could also sync this setup up with different Clover devices. But you will not be capable of taking in PIN transactions.
You can ask for a replacement device if necessary. An admin must complete these steps:
- Open the Setup app and select the Payments option.
- Go to the PIN Entry menu, and then tap on the Prompt for PIN. Select the Save option.
- Tap the option to request a new replacement Clover device. The option should state that you’re doing this because you need to collect PIN payments.
- Tap the OK option.
You will get a notification from Clover Support with an activation code for your new device. Clover will also provide tracking data for your new item.
The replacement will be free if your old device is still under warranty. Shipping and handling fees will apply.
You can return the old device after you get your new one. The shipment will come with a return label. You can ship this back with that label in the same box you use when getting your new device.
Clover Station troubleshooting tips might not work in such case.
Your Device Is Missing
You can reach Host Merchant Services Clover Support if you have a missing device and you need to order a replacement. Your old device will be marked as missing by Clover when you plan your order, meaning no one else can use the device. Any information linked to the merchant account surrounding that device will be eliminated, including details on orders, payments, and reports. All account information will stay the same.
Your replacement device may be available in 24 to 48 hours, although the timeframe may vary surrounding based on Clover availability. Our Clover Station troubleshooting team can help you in such circumstances.
The Clover® name and logo are trademarks owned by Clover Network, Inc., an affiliate of First Data Merchant Services LLC, and registered or used in the U.S. and many foreign countries.