If you own a business, whether a storefront, eCommerce store or even a freelance gig, a business credit card can be a great tool to have in your arsenal. A business credit card helps you keep your business and personal finances separate and helps you keep track of what you’re spending on your business.
Like personal credit cards, you must use business credit cards wisely or you could get in over your head. When used right, though, they can help you build a business credit score, build relationships with vendors and creditors, and have more opportunities to grow your business.
Best Business Credit Cards with no Annual Fee
Annual fees can add to your expenses and if you don’t take advantage of the credit card’s rewards, may not be worth it. Fortunately, there are several no annual fee business credit card options to choose from.
Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card
The Ink Business Unlimited credit card offers valuable rewards and no annual fee. It’s a great card for established businesses as well as freelancers, especially if you meet the spending threshold to earn the introductory bonus.
APR: 0% APR on purchases for the first 12 months, then 13.24% – 19.24%
Annual fee: $0
- Earn $750 bonus cash if you spend $7,500 in the first three months you have the card
- Earn 1.5% cashback on all purchases
- Get employee cards at no cost to earn rewards faster
- Plenty of opportunities for redemption including gift cards, cash, or travel rewards
- $0 fraud liability coverage
Bank of America Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards Card
The Bank of America Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards card allows you the option to choose your top earning category. You choose the category you spend the most in and that’s where you’ll earn 3% cash back, the highest reward on the card.
With no annual fee, this is a great card to have in your arsenal, even if you only use it for your top spending category.
APR: 0% APR for the first 9 months on purchases, then 12.24% – 22.24%
Annual fee: $0
- In addition to the 3%, you earn in ‘your category’ you can earn 2% cash back on dining and 1% on everything else
- Earn a $300 cash back bonus if you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months
- Cashback options include a deposit in your B of A bank account, a statement credit, or a check
- You need excellent credit to qualify
American Express Blue Business Cash Card
If you want a card that doesn’t track categories and you earn the same cash back percentage no matter what you spend money on, the American Express Blue Business Cash Card is a great option.
APR: 0% APR on purchases for first 12 months, then 13.24% – 19.24%
Annual fee: $0
- Earn a $250 bonus if you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months
- Earn 2% cash back on all purchases up to $50,000, then 1% on all purchases for the rest of the year
- Potential to go beyond your credit limit if needed, but this varies by cardholder
- All cash back earned is a statement credit
Best Business Credit Cards with an Annual Fee
Sometimes you have to fork over the annual fee to get the real rewards. The cards above offer decent rewards even without an annual fee, but if you’re a big spender, you may want to consider one of the business credit cards below.
Capital One Spark Miles for Business
If you travel often, the Capital One Spark Miles for Business is a great option. You earn 2x miles for every purchase with no category requirements or maximum earnings. There are very few restrictions on your travel options too, giving you more flexibility for a small annual fee.
Annual fee: $0 for the first year, then $95 each year
- Earn 50,000 miles bonus ($500 travel dollars) if you spend $4,500 in the first three months
- Instant redemption of your rewards for any travel necessities
- Transfer your rewards to many popular travel loyalty programs
- Cards for your employees to help you earn rewards faster
- A one-time credit for a TSA PreCheck or Global Entry fee
Capital One Spark Cash Plus
If you’d prefer not to track categories and instead just earn cashback for every purchase, the Capital One Spark Cash Plus can be a good option. But there’s a catch. You must pay your balance in full each month – you can’t carry a balance. But you get 2% cashback on everything, no limits, and no categories to worry about.
Annual fee: $150
- The potential to earn bonuses twice, $500 when you spend $5,000 in 3 months and another $2,500 when you spend $50,000 in 6 months
- Earn 2% cash back on all purchases, no limits
- Rewards never expire
- You don’t have a spending limit except you must pay the balance in full each month
American Express Business Gold Card
If you want to get rewarded for your 2 highest spending categories for the month rather than tracking categories, the American Express Business Gold Card is a great option. You can earn 4x Membership Rewards on your top 2 categories and then 1x on everything else.
APR: 14.24% – 22.24%
Annual fee: $295
- Earn 70,000 bonus points if you spend $10,000 in the first 3 months
- Earn 25% of your points back if you redeem them for travel through AMEX Travel
- The option to pay in full or pay over time with interest
Having a business credit card or two in your arsenal can help you build your business credit score and have more room for the things you need.
We all know businesses are expensive to maintain, grow, and sometimes even keep afloat. A business credit card can free up some capital while allowing you to get what you need to build your business. While it’s not ideal to carry a balance, sometimes it’s necessary so it’s important to know which cards are worth the cost of carrying.